March 27, 2015: Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito have been fully exonerated. There will be no more trials. It’s over.
Meredith Kercher was murdered by Rudy Guede in Perugia Italy, November 1st, 2007. Meredith was a beautiful young woman who had her life stolen from her in an act of pure evil. Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito had absolutely nothing to do with her murder. They are both innocent.
- On December 4, 2009, Amanda Knox & Raffaele Sollecito were wrongfully convicted for the murder of Meredith Kercher.
- On October 3, 2011, Amanda and Raffaele were declared innocent on appeal and were released from prison.
- On March 26, 2013, the Italian Supreme Court overturned the acquittals and ordered the case back to the appellate level.
- On January 30, 2014, the appeals court in Florence reinstated the guilty verdicts for Amanda and Raffaele. The court released a motivation document on April 29, 2014, explaining the decision.
- Amanda and Raffaele appealed the guilty verdicts to the Italian Supreme Court.
- On March 27, 2015: Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito were fully exonerated by the Italian Supreme Court. The case against them is now permanently closed.